Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello, Hell - Can I leave yet?

This is such a bad week. I think it's officially the week from Hell, and it far surpasses any previous weeks that seemed hellish.

Unless some prayers get answered pretty quick, in 2 days we'll be living in a hotel room and everything we own will be in a storage unit somewhere. 

I've spent the past week trying to get the apartment we were supposed to be moving into worked out, packing, listing stuff for sale on Craigslist, and doing a heck of a lot of praying. We learned 4 hours ago (less than 48 hours before moving day) that our application got denied for rental history from 6 years ago that we  fully disclosed when we applied 2 weeks ago. For the last 2 weeks, we'd been told time and time again that anything over two years ago didn't matter.  Obviously some supervisor didn't bother to read that memo.

I don't know what we're going to do, where we're going, or how we're going to get there. I'm trying really hard to avoid falling into full-on-depression-mode or full-on-freak-out-mode. But I have to admit, they're both lurking right there on the periphery.

So, I've been listening to Smokie Norfolk's "God's gonna make a way" on repeat for hours. I'm trying to remember that old saying - when you're going through Hell, don't stop on the road. And I'm working on figuring out what the next step is. I'm thinking more searching for a place to live & store stuff would be a good start.

It's going to be a long next two days. We'll figure it out. As long as we're together, that's the important thing. And I know that we'll come out of this trip through Hell stronger than we were before.

Or at least that's what I'm going to keep telling myself until this is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment